Friday, March 29, 2013

Topics of Interest

Because I just don't always have time to fully develop a post on everthing I come across, here are a few shorties:

Pauls Allison has done some great posts recently related to logistic regression and model assessment.

With regard to the pseudo R^2, see this post as well as the article associated with a new proposed alternative:

Tjur, T. (2009) “Coefficients of determination in logistic regression models—A new proposal: The coefficient of discrimination.” The American Statistician 63: 366-372.

(I've written about the pseudo R-square before here.

His most recent post discusses the Hosmer-Lemeshaw test. In the futrue I'd like to expand more on this, but he's critical of the test because it is sensitive to strata size. I am too, and I've also seen many criticisms related to its sensitivity to large sample sizes. I'll come back and expand more on that later, or do a separate post, but for now I'm just looking forward to his next article in which Paul is going to discuss some recent advancements and alternatives to the HL test.

No comments:

Post a Comment